API 676 ROTARY PUMP STANDARD
API 676 is the API standard for rotary, positive displacement pumps. The standard provides design criteria for all types of rotary PD pumps.
Under the API 676 Standard, there are various codes that define the type of rotary positive displacement pump. The codes are as follows.
- VR – Rotary Vane Pump with the vane in the rotor
- VS – Rotary Vane Pump with the vane in the stator
- LS – Rotary Lobe Pump with a single lobe on each rotor
- LM – Rotary Lobe Pump with multiple lobes on each rotor
- GET – Rotary External Gear Pump (timed)
- GEU – Rotary External Gear Pump (untimed)
- GI – Rotary Internal Gear Pump (with crescent)
- SS – Single Screw Pump
- SMT – Multiple Screw Pump with additional timing gears
- SMU – Multiple Screw Pump without timing gears (screws drive each other)