100 GPM Internal Bypass Relief Valve Pump – Tri-Rotor Model 120AX
Tri-Rotor Pump model 120AX, which shares common components with model 80BX and model 100CX, is in the second to the largest family of Tri-Rotor bypass head pumps that incorporate an internal relief valve and provide constant flow rates. The oversized relief valve bypasses full flow directly from the discharge to the suction port when the set discharge pressure is achieved. Discharge may be restricted or blocked entirely without shock or chatter. The pump serves a wide range of industrial markets and applications. Examples of the 120AX model’s diverse applications include pumping melamine resin, polymer, potting compound, soap constituents, and chicken fat.
The pump is designed with top suction and side discharge flanged ports and is available in both clockwise (CW) and counterclockwise (CCW) rotations for pump installation flexibility. Materials of construction for the 120AX model include Iron Fitted, All Iron, Bronze Fitted, or All Bronze configurations. Two drain plugs, located on the shaft housing, are provided with every pump.
Specifications of the Tri-Rotor Bypass Head Pump Model 120AX:
- Flow rate: 19 to 102 GPM
- Viscosity range: 410 to 650,000 cPs (2,000 to 3,000,000 SSU)
- Inlet and Discharge Port size: 4” Flanged Top Suction and 3” Flanged Side Discharge Ports
- Operating temperature range: -40 °F to 650 °F
- Maximum operating pressure: 100 PSI
- Pump displacement per revolution: 0.148 gal/rev
- Pump speed range: 150 to 610 RPM
- Solids passage available: 0.037 in.