40 GPM Internal Bypass Relief Valve Pump – Tri-Rotor Model 40AX
Tri-Rotor Pump model 40AX is the second smallest in the family of Tri-Rotor bypass head pumps that incorporate an internal relief valve and provide constant flow rates. The relief valve bypasses flow directly from the discharge to the suction port when the set discharge pressure is achieved.
Discharge may be restricted or blocked entirely without shock or chatter. The pump serves a wide range of industrial markets and applications. Examples of the 40AX model’s diverse applications include pumping liquid sugar, mineral spirits, fish oil, palm oil, linseed oil, calcium chloride, hot vegetable oil, and water based paint.
The pump is designed with side suction and top discharge threaded ports and is available in both clockwise (CW) and counterclockwise (CCW) rotations for pump installation flexibility. Materials of construction for the 40AX model include Iron Fitted, All Iron, Bronze Fitted, or All Bronze configurations. One feature of the pump is that the shaft housing (or stuffing box) is integrated into the pump body, reducing the number of parts and the time required for maintenance.
Specifications of the Tri-Rotor Bypass Head Pump Model 40AX:
- Flow rate: 8 to 42 GPM
- Viscosity range: 4 to 21,625 cPs (40 to 100,000 SSU)
- Inlet and Discharge Port size: 2” NPT Ports (std.) or 1-½” NPT Ports
- Operating temperature range: -40 °F to 650 °F
- Maximum operating pressure: 100 PSI
- Pump displacement per revolution: 0.069 gal/rev
- Pump speed range: 150 to 600 RPM
- Solids passage available: 0.022 in.